Police Officer Testing
for Police Departments
FPSI's new validated police officer tests ensure that your candidates possess the critical reading, writing, verbal communication, decision-making and interpersonal skills required for the job.
for Fire Departments
FPSI's well-validated and proven selection devices predict job performance prior to hiring the wrong candidate!
Fire & Police Selection, Inc.
193 Blue Ravine Road, Ste. 270
Folsom, CA 95630
FPSI Home Page: [ fire & police testing ]
FPSI Blog: [ fire & police testing ]
Fire Service Testing Publications
Testing in the Fire Service Industry: A Handbook for Developing Balanced and Defensible Assessments by Dan A. Biddle, Ph.D. and Stacy L. Bell-Pilchard, M.S.
- Up-to-date information on EEO testing in the fire service industry
- Identification of testing issues that will likely trigger a lawsuit
- Steps on validating tests using content and criterion-related validity
- Results from a national study which reveal the key competencies that should be measured to identify successful firefighter candidates
- Appropriate uses of test results
- Detailed description of validating a physical ability test for candidates and incumbents
- Checklists to use for evaluating the validity of pre-employment and promotional selection assessments
CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE! Stay tuned for a new edition.